- 24% of respondents would rather use a voice assistant than visit a website, according to a study from Capgemini.
- 43% of companies already invest in technology to enable voice marketing, according to a survey taken at the 2018 Digiday AI Marketing Summit.
- 55% of adults will have a smart speaker by 2022, OC&C Strategy Consultants
SEARCHING FOR VOICES
Today, everything begins with a search. And with data from Alpine.AI we can learn that there already over 1 billion voice searches conducted every month. And comScore estimates that, by 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice-based. And this is why you should start to integrate voice-response technology into your marketing plans. Or at least think about it, depending on your target audience. But we'll get back to that shortly.
CHATTING UP THE CUSTOMERS
Chatbots. The word isn't really that sexy. But it is a perfect way to open up to a verbal discussion with your customers. A voice-enabled chatbot that is capable of delivering relevant information and helpful content in response to the customers spoken inquiries. Combine this with advances like natural language processing (NLP) and you'll go beyond the basic inclusion of keywords and phrases for a greater response accuracy.
Although, to maximise the benefits of this technology, you need to have a very clear understanding of your customers goals and how they progress along their customer journey. Just because you offer your customers a new option, doesn't mean they are ready for it. To determine your brand’s voice friendliness, ask yourself a few questions:
- Is our target audience composed of early adopters, smart-home enthusiasts, or other demographics/psychographics that are more likely to engage with us here than on our existing content platforms?
- Do we know how to make our content experience valuable and contextually relevant to these users?
- Do we know what results to expect from our efforts, and how we will evaluate success?
If the answer is no – or you aren’t even sure how to answer the questions – you might be better off waiting for this technology’s marketing opportunities to become clearer before adding your voice to the conversation.